Sunday, March 01, 2009

Snow Day


Today....
Woke to a white a world

Spent twenty minutes running around to look out every window

Wondered whether or not people go out in weather like this

Decided I could use a little adventure!

Drove very slowly to church and back (partly because of ice and partly because I kept rolling down my window to take pictures)

Bundled up and played in the snow with my roommates.

Drank cup after cup of tea, wore three pairs of socks, stared out the window, made music. There's something breathtaking about such a ghostly world. Surreal. Deathly beautiful. Still. Both unsettling and inspiring all at once.

I think I could get used to this... every once in awhile.






5 comments:

kelly said...

Your snowman looks so stylish! I can tell he was made by chicas! :)

So, so fun.

kelly said...

Oh, and you remind me of Lucy in Narnia in the lamppost picture! :)

Rachel said...

OMG you got snow!

pannedreview said...

Coolness! It must be global warming.

Allison said...

Snow is fun...too bad we never get anything here!