
I continue to be delighted by the music scene here in Birmingham. Both of the cities I've previously lived are much bigger, but seems this place brims with good music. Lots of local venues and coffee shops constantly feature local artists and also draw in some big names. There is something intimate about sharing a musical experience with the musicians, themselves, and with other people.
Last night, I experienced a real treat. Act of Congress blends folk, rock, and bluegrass music (think Nickle Creek or Chris Thile). They're a local band whose popularity is starting to rise. No surprise, with well-crafted lyrics and haunting harmonies, excellent musicianship ( I spent an entire song with my eyes glued to the neck of the guitar - I have never seen a guitarists fingers more SO quickly). Check them out! You will not be sorry....
Friday, February 27, 2009
Live in Concert....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They sound good! I remember you told me about them, I think.
Post a Comment