happy new year.
A time of new beginnings and resolutions. I am more of a year-round resolution maker. Which doesn't mean I am particularly full of resolve. Probably more that I am prone to deep discontent. And I tend to combat dissatisfaction by dreaming up a way to tweak something, start something. So I reserve my right to at some point change my mind about this next statement:
I am taking a break from blogging.
It's not that I don't love you blog-readers. I do. (let's face it, you are my good friends and family) It's just that there are other things I want to do in my spare time. Finish the scores of half-written poems saved on my desktop. Buckle down and learn the hard, finger-cramping guitar chords. Finish a few of the books I'm in the middle of. Actually inhabit relationships that are textured and involve hearing their voice or staring at people's eyeballs instead of sending my thoughts off into cyberspace. I love reading blogs. They are great. But for now, I need to unplug a little. So don't be surprised if this little corner of the web gathers a few cobwebs of its own. If you miss me that much, give me a call. or a text. or an e-mail. or a facebook message. Hmmmm.... so much for unplugging.
Wednesday, January 06, 2010
hiatus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Post a Comment