
All you music-lovers, check out the Indie Rock Alphabet Book. You can preview the entire thing - gotta love the funky (though kinda creepy) pictures and catchy rhymes geared toward little eyes and ears. Wish I could say I listen to all these bands, but I am really not as cool as I pretend to be. 
Speaking of Indie Rock, I recently stumbled upon Dark Was the Night, a compilation album featuring some favorite artists such as Sufjan, Feist, Bon Iver, the Decemberists, Iron and Wine, and Andrew Bird as well as a bunch of new-to-me musicians. This 2-disk feast features both original songs and covers (Cat Power sings Amazing Grace, My Brightest Diamond sings Feeling Good, etc, etc). I love-love-love it... music that stares real brokenness in the face, songs that enjoy life, soulful voices, intricate guitar solos, lyrics that seep deep between the cracks that separate hope from despair. It's music for real life, songs for driving, washing dishes, just sitting.
Friday, May 29, 2009
indie rock for old and young
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have to say that I love the Indie Rock Alphabet Book. It is amazing. I am tempted to buy it and gift it to Ella to start her indie rock education early. ;) Actually, more likely I am tempted to buy it, say I'm going to give it to Ella and keep it for myself. :)
Post a Comment