Someone told me today that daffodils are not the smartest flower - they bloom early and always die. Unfortunate. Yes, the cold seems to be headed back to stay for a little while and all those flowers that were bursting with life last week are looking limp and worn. I know the feeling.
I am feeling particularly unprofound these days. Trying to figure out what the heck this blog is actually supposed to be... I really hate just rehashing my life for people to read, so I feel this pressure to create something really interesting and, honestly, sometimes life is just very normal. Which I'm really ok with but then I think, "Why am I writing about this on a blog?" So then I jump into the reflective mode.... and, seriously, I could ramble forever about things that should really be talked about in conversations, not just smattered on an internet page. Pictures are great, but let's face it - I am not a photographer. I rarely remember to take my camera places and I am not patient with lighting/angles/settings. I love writing creatively but do not love putting that out for all the world to read. I have kept journals as long as I can remember. You know, the kind that has paper in it and you use a pen? I'm pretty content to let that be my method of processing the world and unpacking the thoughts that bang around in my head... so, I often approach this blog feeling like I don't have much left to say.
I think my blog is having a mid-life crisis.
Maybe I am just having a long week.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
random....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
A blogger mid-life crisis. Time to go out and buy a convertible. :-) I know what you mean...I try to resist writing about my everyday things unless they're amusing in some way.
I heard a quote last week (which now I -of course- can't remember the exact wording of!) that basically said that those who worry about being 'original', never are; and those that don't care are usually the first to write something truly original. Kind of struck me as interesting relating to the blogger stuff. I myself have had the blogger mid-life crisis, but usually it is evidenced by a deluge of random, usually boring anecdotes from my life. Because I have nothing else to write about.
That said, I must say that I actually really enjoy reading your blog. I like hearing about your life (even the mundane) and I like seeing your photography (if it is amateur). As for me, I will continue to write the mundane. My life is boring and I'm not witty enough to think up humorous little tidbits, or remember interesting stories from throughout my days (rare as they are). (And I am with you on the journal point. Nothing can compare to the honest-to-goodness journal).
On a last, and slightly off topic, note: I miss you.
"If you gotta ask, you ain't never gonna know." Just let it be!
Unfortunately, the convertible just isn't happening these days. But I did just buy a new computer... does that count? It's a mac... that's kind of the convertible of the computer world, right?
Oh, and Lins, I know I've heard that quote about originality before.... can't remember who said it but I guess we should just stop trying so hard. ;-)
Post a Comment