Sunday, February 01, 2009

On my tongue...



*French toast does not photograph well, but trust me this leisurely Saturday breakfast made my taste buds sigh with delight. I used whole wheat cinammon raisin bread from a local bakery and topped it with....

*Maple syrup. A pure, warm river of sugar. A friend from Vermont recently introduced me to this stuff. My dad has been a diabetic since his teenage years, so I grew up in a household without honey, real syrup, or regular sodas. Instead, all things fake sugar. Only in the past few years have I fallen in love with natural sugar sources like honey and syrup. In moderation, of course, but I cannot lie. I have a sweet tooth. One more thing, seems that maple syrup is one of few grocery-store items that still comes in a glass bottles. Love it.

*Fresh-ground Sumatra coffee with hazelnut creamer. And it tasted twice as good because I didn't have to be anywhere yesterday. Time to sip, read a good book in my pj's, drink a second cup, write to my heart's content...

2 comments:

Li said...

Yum. You have me seriously thinking about breaking out the coffee pot. And the french toast... Mmm...

Rachel said...

Yay for hazelnut creamer!