Monday, January 26, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

Ok. Cheesy title, I know. But seriously, I am glad to be home. I've done a lot of traveling recently - to Jacksonville and Orlando over Christmas/New Years, then back to Birmingham. Then a weekend in Atlanta with a few friends. Just this past weekend, I headed to St. Louis for a few days. And I have thoroughly enjoyed all catching up with friends, driving in snow for the first time, listening to professors at Covenant Seminary, sipping beers and listening to live jazz with a few other RUF interns, driving through the farmlands of Illinois (so different from here), etc, etc, but I am glad to be back in Birmingham.

And I am thankful to no longer be sick. I know I haven't posted here. in almost a month. I'm blaming the relentless cold that just. would. not. go. away. I just had no energy for updating but it's gone now. And hopefully it will stay away and not keep coming back as it's been doing. I have scubbed my bathroom, washed the sheets in hot water, bleached the kitchen sink in a determined battle against the germs.
I think I have won.

The spring semester begins next week. Campus has been rather empty this month, as only some students actually take Jan-term classes. This month has been mostly planning and some relaxed hanging out with students. It will be good to get back into the swing of things again.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! I've been hoping for an update! That's so awesome that they don't have any school all January.

Natalie said...

Love the shout-out to Illinois farmlands! :)

Li said...

Hey, we're all about the cheesy titles! Glad you've finally kicked the cold. It is never fun. Love to hear how you're doing!