A nasty stomach bug nearly wiped out all my creative juices for Halloween this year. Luckily, in my exhausted-but-finally-able-to-eat-again state on Thursday night I cooked up a Nancy Drew costume complete with pearls, trenchcoat, magnifying glass, and clue notebook. And I was well-enough by Friday night to traipse over to campus for the carnival of sorts opened to kids in the nearby communities. The various student organizations and sororities/fraternities had booths where the kids could play games and collect candy. I wandered around, snapped pictures, chatted with students, and helped out at the face-painting booth. I have now perfected my ghost, pumpkin, and candy corn artistic skills. 


The hilly backroads near my house were transformed this past week into tunnels of fire... seriously, red, yellow, orange lined the twisty streets. So, this afternoon after church I headed to a nearby state park to wander and take pictures and soak up glorious Autumn. Though folks here tell me that the colors aren't quite perfect yet, this Florida girl is pretty much in love with this season.




Sunday, November 02, 2008
Happy Autumn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOVE your costume! Very cute. And kind of the opposite of last year's rocker chick! :)
Glad you're enjoying the autumn colors and glad you're feeling better!
Wonderful costume. Definitely looks warmer than the sari!
Yes, I'll be there after I work on Thanksgiving through Sunday. Me and my sisters are going out on Black Friday morning, so excited!
Post a Comment