
My sister, Karen, is an excellence cook. She has a knack for whipping up delicious kitchen concoctions and today she let me help. Together, we made an amazingly easy and satisfying greek salad:
Chop and combine:
1 cucumber
3 medium tomatoes
1/2 red onoin
a few mushrooms
4 oz. feta cheese
Dressing:
3 T. olive oil
2 t. red wine vinegar
2 t. oregano
Toss the dressing over the other ingredients and dig in. We paired this salad with pita bread and homemade hummus. Yum. Perfect for a muggy summer afternoon. And so beautiful, too.
Just as my mouth watered from the salad, my heart has been so richly fed this week. I am down to needing only $2,000 in order to leave for Birmingham! I am continually amazed by God's provision through His people. Why am I so surprised? He has worked mightily and I am humbled by the sacrifices people are making to send me out. It looks like I will be able to move toward the middle or end of next week, which means I'll arrive in Birmingham just before school starts. Please continue to pray for this last little bit of support-raising. The next chapter of the journey is about to begin!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow!! for both the amazing salad and support raising. How awesome, Sarah!!
Post a Comment