I've been enjoying time with my family before I leave for Birmingham. A few fun memories:
A Jacksonville Suns Game where my brother (sporting his new haircut - a mohawk) leaped up and down wildly 'till the camera captured him on the big screen over the scoreboard. And his friend, Rob, heckled like crazy as the rest of us tried to pretend we didn't know him. 
My family has discovered a passion for (drumroll please).... badminton! This summer, a college student named Liz is living with my parents as she interns with the junior high youth group. She is great at badminton and introduced the sport to my family. So, many a night since I got home, we've trekked across the street to the well-lit tennis courts to smash the birdie back and forth.
Olympics. Nothing like cheering, gasping, and groaning to bring a family together. And we've discovered the online access to many events that aren't featured on tv (like badminton and cross country equestrian).
Playing lots of games: Clue. Boggle. Take Two. Killer Bunnies.
I am so enjoyinig my family in the midst of the support-raising process. To give you all an update, I'm utterly amazed at how God has been providing. I need about $5,000 in order to leave. I am hoping to leave late next week. I so appreciate your prayers as I continue asking and waiting.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Soaking up family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The other day I was watching Badminton on tv and wondering, why is this an Olympic sport? It looks like fun to play, tho. Different channels have different events during the day that aren't on at night. Of course, the best is on at night: swimming, gymnastics. It takes me back to my childhood dreams of becoming an Olympic athlete!
Post a Comment