Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Quick update

Feel slightly like I'm drowning in the craziness of life right now but I wanted to give a brief picture of what's going on.

I've had a bad cold this week, so I apologize if my writing lacks poeticism or wittiness. I'm wondering if I may have set a record for number of tissues used and amount of hot tea with honey consumed.

My room mate's father passed away Sunday after a brief but awful battle with lung cancer. I have lived with the same three girls all through college, so we feel each other's pain quite deeply. My other two room mates and I are driving to Naples tonight for the funeral tomorrow morning. My heart is heavy...

Support-raising continues to be a up and down experience. I continue to see God's provision in the most unlikely places. I am so thankful for the encouragement and prayers of people who share a vision for His Kingdom. This week as I am feeling the brokenness of the world quite vividly, I am aching deeply for the day when all this is sad will come untrue.

No comments: