



I've lived within 45 minutes of the beach for my entire life. In about a month, that will change. I recently enjoyed a fun beach day with my friend, Katie. We went to high school together and then ended up as room mates in college. I've lived with her (and two other girls) for the past four years. These pictures don't do the water justice - it was a gorgeous day.
I just got back from a week in Atlanta at RUF staff training. The week was packed but a great time of learning and connecting to other interns and campus ministers. I especially enjoyed hanging out with Tom and Kristen (the Birmingham Southern College Campus Minister and wife). They took me to their favorite little restaurant in Atlanta: http://www.lamadeleine.com/. Delicious! I was so encouraged by our converstaions and so look forward to getting to them better in the coming months. The other interns were amazing, too. We had moments to express our fears and excitement, to pray together, laugh together, and share our hearts.
The next few weeks promise to be filled with much uncertainty. I will hopefully be moving to Birmingham in three weeks but must finish raising suppot first. I will be back in Orlano next week to pack, spend time with friends, and fundraise. Then, it's back to my parent's house until I leave for Birmingham.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Life flows on...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mmmm, a beach day. Sounds heavenly. I have a day like that at the beach in my mind from high school!! It was such a wonderful day, it has stuck in my mind for good. Hope the day will stick for you. :)
I have been to that restaurant! It is amazing, very cute!!!
We just got your letter...so well written! Praying for you.
I love La Madeleine!
Post a Comment