... well not exactly the road. The air, to be more exact. Tomorrow morning, I fly to Atlanta for RUF Intern Orientation. This four-day adventure will be packed with prayer, training, meeting the other interns, etc. I am excited and nervous all at once. I am excited to hear what God is doing and how this internship will enable me to participate in His Kingdom work. I'm looking forward to learning more about specific aspects of the ministry, support-raising, etc. Yet, I fear the comparison bug will rear its ugly head. Funny how ministry exposes all my desires to be successful, well-liked, and appreciated I'm praying that as I meet other interns and learn more about what the internship will look like that I will rest in Jesus and not in my performance or abilities. I am quick to exhaust myself in gaining others' approval. How quickly I forget the dismantling love of my Savior.
I am reveling in His provision today. I have a place to live in Birmingham! I will post pictures after I get back from Atlanta. it's a lovely house that I would sharing with a couple of graduate students at University of Birmingham. There are so many blessings about the house... a yard, a cute deck, great landlord, tons of windows, wonderful room mates. I will post more details later this week.
Sunday, June 01, 2008
On the Road Again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nice to meet you. Great blog!
Please link to this site.
http://vuitton-miumiu.blogspot.com/
Great news about the house! Hope the training goes well! :)
Hi! Wee bit late, but I hope the orientation goes well!
Sarah, can't wait to hear about orientation. Praying for you, particularly for good friendships to form.
I got your message and will get back to you about cleaning. I am having a particularly bad bad time at studying. I do need money until I start work, but can't work until I pass the test...
Good you got a house!!
Post a Comment