Whispers pierce the endless night:
hearts that ache for the dawn
and longings for the land of light
with its haunting, ageless song.
Shatter the mirror of old desires,
a distorted image of life.
Awaken my soul to the burning fire
that singes the cords of strife.
Drown me in the raging ocean
of your wild, reckless grace.
Lost in you, my heart is found
by the light of your glorious face.
You are the dawn I long to see -
Bathe me in the golden morn.
I lay with you in the soft, sweet grass
where love stories are born.
Our story: joy, yet the aching loss
of pilgrims not yet home -
the wrinkled map written in blood.
Will my heart forever roam?
I wander in the ancient wood
where mist shrouds your return.
My heart beats with your promise,
but 'tis your face for which I yearn.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment