Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


I've been sick again the past few weeks (buy stock in Nyquil, people, seriously). Looking forward to some rest... to shared food and conversations over the next few days. I will be here in Birmingham for Thanksgiving. Strange to be 500 miles from family. I am thankful for friends who are welcoming me into their home tomorrow. Looking forward to a visit from a fellow ruf-intern whose family is also far away.

I have been waiting for a chance to make canned apple butter (thanks, Miranda, for the delicious recipe) and bake this bread. Today was the day. Spent the afternoon adventuring in the kitchen... truly enjoyed a little measure-mix-mash action. Don't forget the taste-lick-sample action. Lest you be deceived, I em no June Cleaver juggling life's balls while decked out in apron and pearls. Rather, today I follow a recipe because the chaos of life is too much to follow. I can apple butter because I cannot bottle tears. I revel in dough that rises in only a few hours, in fresh crumbly bread pulled from the blazing oven. Most day I want out of the oven. Be still, my soul.



3 comments:

pannedreview said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

kelly said...

Sarah, I always love your illustrations.
Happy Thanksgiving, friend.

love,
Kelly

christina said...

I love you and I'm thinking about you!