-verb
1. To adventure through a dusty haze on a quest for treasure, sort through mounds of clothes, search for potential among all things out-dated and weary.
usage examples: This afternoon I thrifted with a couple students. When I thrift I feel like a detective and an artist all at once. Thrifting is a fun and cheap way to find great clothes and houseware items. (ok grammar nazi's, so the last example "thrifting" is used in a noun form)
I recently discovered the Birmingham thrift storm scene. Let me tell you, there are some real gems. My recovering-from-20plus-years-of-Florida-living wardrobe is happily more winter friendly these days thanks to these thrift stores. Found some great items I've been needing. And a couple Saturdays ago, I thrifted alone and found a beautiful window leaning in a corner with a $4 price tag slapped on the corner. This window has now found a home on my wall. I enjoy finding new and pretty ways use to use the old discarded items.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Thrift
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great find with that window! Good work, Sarah!
Post a Comment