I predict tomorrow will be a cough-drop-free day. The first in over three weeks. It's the little things that make me very thankful.
Like the weather. Rain finally gone. Autumn seems settled in to stay, I think. I hope.
Spent this past weekend with over thirty students at a lake house for our fall retreat. I'd been told it was an amazing house - sleeps twenty-five easily (we had thirty-five, so some students slept on air mattresses and couches) and has been featured in Southern Living on multiple occasions - so I tried to conjure up my wildest imagination of a breathtaking lake house.
For once, reality exceeded my expectations. I cannot begin to describe the home.... colossal yet quaint, its opulence somehow displayed with an unassuming southern antique flare. We had a great time.
Recently ran across a well-known hymn whose words have been encouraging to me in the midst of sickness, an insanely busy schedule, and many decisions... just a couple of the verses:
This is my Father's world.
O let me ne'er forget:
That though the world seems oft' so wrong
God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father's world,
The battle is not done
Jesus who died shall be satisfied,
And the earth and heaven be one.
This is my Father's world.
Should my heart be ever sad?
The Lord is King - let the heavens ring.
God reigns, let the earth be glad.
This is my Father's world.
Now closer to Heaven bound,
For dear to God is the earth Christ trod.
No place but is holy ground.
I love that line for dear to God is the earth Christ trod.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
coming up for air
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment