Thursday, April 23, 2009

Say hello to Ruthie!



Monday night, driving home I get a text from roommate: The spawn of Satan is in our bushes. Hmmmm....
A few minutes later, another text: It's a kitten! I walked in the door and could hardly believe so much cuteness could be wrapped up in such a small little critter. Less than an hour later, I was in love. We named her Ruthie. She's so cuddly. Yesterday she just followed me around the kitchen, snuggling against my legs as I made coffee and poured cereal. She hates being away from us... when we shut her in the laundry room she cries such pitiful and heart-wrenching meows. I was doing work on the computer yesterday and she just laid on my lap. She loves to crawl up on our shoulders and just sit there purring contentedly. She is so small - we guess she's about 2 months old - and we suspect someone may have waited until she was old enough to fend for herself and then dropped her in our neighborhood. Poor thing! She spent a whole day in the laundry room on Tuesday and didn't go to the bathroom once. That night, the minute we put the newly-purchased litter box on the floor, she ran over and used it. Smart kitty - already potty-trained. I'm so excited that we're going to keep her. I have wanted a cat pretty much my whole life and my parents were never cat people. Ruthie has such a sweet personality and she is so hungry for affection. I don't know what she's been through, but I'm guessing it wasn't good from how fearful she seems. I am so glad we get to welcome her into her little home.





.


8 comments:

Allison said...

Cute!!! I love it! I will have to come and visit her sometime, I'm guessing my annual October visit to Bham!

kelly said...

Sarah! You know I am not "cat people", but I am so excited for you! It is the greatest thing ever to come home to a loving pet! :)

Megan said...

Yay! She is too cute! There is nothing cuter than a kitten :) Enjoy!

Natalie said...

Too cute!!

Pamela said...

Awww, she looks sweet...and healthy! Unlike the cats Allison and I rescued on the way home from your house last fall that were allegedly infested with scabies!
It is fun to have a pet though! Her name is cute too :)

Allison said...

Those poor cats...we brought them to their death, unknowingly of course! So, tell little Ruthi that Aunt Allison is coming soon!

Anna said...

Hey Sarah!
She is so cute!!! We just had 5 kittens born here Tuesday morning! There are pictures on our blog...
www.sojourningseven.blogspot.com
Anna

Li said...

Nothing like a kitten. :) I'm not even an animal person and I can see that she's adorable.