Monday, September 10, 2007

New Life

I haven't written anything in over a year on this blog, but now I'm attempting to breathe new life into this little corner of the internet abyss. I'm not sure what it will look like, but in the past few months I've rediscovered my love of writing... it is a creative extension of my heart and I would like to explore how it can be used to touch others.

I sit here on my sofa and watch my flowers unfold in the morning sunlight. When I walked into the living room this morning, their buds were closed. Within five minutes of me opening the blinds, their petals began to unfurl - tender little faces glowing in the sunlight. They cannot bloom in darkness; what a picture of my soul... a tiny bud that needs the sunlight of my Savior. I need this reminder for I hate to acknowledge the truth: that I am dependent, that without the Light I shrivel, that on my own I cannot exist. Glory of the Gospel, that Christ - like the sunlight - reaches down to me with love, hope, and grace. A flower cannot create its own sunlight.

No comments: